38% of Commercial Supporters plan to increase the percentage of independent medical education activities that they monitor over the next year.
PACME Monitoring Survey Results 2011
We equip you with critical Validation Reports.
"Having the opportunity to have fresh, objective eyes review our activities is of great importance. We can always feel confident in the quality provided by the professionals CME Peer Review utilizes to review our materials for content value and bias. The staff is always willing to work with us to meet deadlines, and the relationship we have built is very appreciated."
Janice G. Richards, MA
Director, Accreditation & Certification American College of Cardiology
MYTHS of Keeping Monitoring In-House
Monitoring of Live Activities
VerifyCE links you to a network of conflict-free subject matter experts to evaluate live and enduring activities for compliance with regulatory standards and professional ethics codes.
Monitoring of CE activities is now a best practice for providers and a standard for grantors. The ACCME requires that providers:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CE activities in meeting identified educational needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the overall CE program and make improvements to the program
- Monitor to ensure compliance and fulfill ACCME Criteria 7 –10 (Independence)
Supporters also must adhere to industry guidelines relative to live meeting education. According to the OIG Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers should have no control over the speaker or content of the educational presentation.
- Compliance with such procedures should be documented and regularly monitored.
- Grantors have compliance monitoring systems in place in response to recent requirements of Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs).
VerifyCE can help your organization through robust, live event evaluation requirements.
VerifyCE™ is an objective, third-party, on-site audit of live CE activities by independent physician, pharmacist and nurse subject matter experts who are specifically trained to assess compliance with accreditation standards, regulatory guidance, and industry ethical codes.
VerifyCE™ delivers objective feedback that verifies regulatory compliance and educational quality and integrity of CE activities and fosters independence and quality improvement of the overall CE Program.
This service is available to CE providers and commercial supporters for continuing medical education (CME), continuing pharmaceutical education (CPE) and continuing nursing education (CNE).
Features of VerifyCE
- Outsource your monitoring process
- Supplement your current monitoring program
- Verify your current monitoring program to objectively gather data for program quality improvement or compliance
Benefits of VerifyCE
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality improvement and regulatory compliance.
- Save valuable staff hours
Standard turn-around time is 10 business days for a one-credit activity. We offer expedited service for an additional fee.